Monday, November 16, 2015

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter By: Seth Grahame-Smith

Why does nobody else enjoy this book????
I mean, have you not READ it?!?
Perhaps it is because I absolutely adore historical fiction (though I HARDLY think this qualifies) and thought it was a tad too serious, and therefore found it hilarious, but I thoroughly loved this book.
Way back when this came out, it seemed to be EVERYWHERE all the time, but I never once saw anyone read it, or even say that they read it (But everyone saw the movie... our culture is failing). So when I picked it up at a thrift store for 75 cents, and started reading it, I was shocked at all the negative comments I got. It seemed everyone had something to say about my book. Most were "...You're reading THAT??" *insert raised eye brow and sneer*, or simply just a tight lipped smile and the slow nod. Which seriously, how can someone WHO IS NOT EVEN READING A BOOK, be a total book snob?? ESPECIALLY, when the book you are so negatively judging, YOU NEVER READ! Ugh. I hate book snobs!
SO! Abe Lincoln describes (through his long lost journals of course) his life and his battle against vampires, and how they stole his mother away from him, and later on a love, and quite a few friends, and of course eventually, he was killed by one.
Simply put: It's an adventure story made for 13 year old boys. Lots of action, deception, war mongering, actual war, death, and rage.
The only thing I really found irritating was that Abe is all running around killing Vampires with his axe. Like, chest wounds. If you know anything at all, vampires have to be decapitated. Get your shit straight.
I found it so comical that according to the author, the civil war was because of vampires killing slaves freely, and how CONVINCING he was of it. I really was sitting there reminding myself that no, vampires were not involved in the civil war.. this is fiction....
I already have added his other books onto my (53) page to-read-list, and genuinely look forward to watching this dumb movie. Just because the book is always better, and I can laugh openly at its failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment