Thursday, July 9, 2015

Ella Enchanted by: Gail Carson Levine

This book was one of the major connections I had between my 2 best friends. We all loved this book and loathed the movie. Michelle and Aaryn will always be my sisters. I found this book at a thrift store, laying on top of a pile of books on June 4th. Without my knowledge that day Aaryn's body was found. I think that is more than coincidence. This book helped me through a hard time in my childhood and now again as an adult.
This is one of my favorite books of all time. I must have read this book at least 5 dozen times over the years. Its the perfect Cinderella story. Not only does it have all the facts we all know and love from the classic story, it has an awesome lead character. Ella is witty and hardheaded and is absolutely the coolest chick ever.
She was cursed at birth by Lucinda a fairy, who gives her the "gift" of obedience, so whenever she is given a command, she has no choice but to obey. After her mother's death she meets prince Char who is WONDERFUL and beautiful and oh so cavalier :). (but I don't have a crush or anything :}) and they are all cute together and she is so clumsy and they ride down the stair rails.
Well she gets sent to finishing school (which is a horrible concept) and then escapes and RUNS INTO CHAR!!! and there is a cute romance aspect and adventure and ogres and giants and its just the happiest most wonderful book in the world. Kudos to Gail Carson Levine. Never in my life has a book gotten me this excited, this consistently.

I wish Aaryn could read it just one last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment