Wednesday, January 14, 2015

2015!

Well here is the new year. And for all my AVID readers, which there are none, lets not delude ourselves here, I did a piss poor job on keeping on top of these darn blog posts. This year. That is indeed changing this year.
Yeah, I know, its already two weeks into the new year and (yes I have already read my two books for those weeks, than you very much) I am just now getting around to this part of the ordeal.

THIS YEAR:
I will continue to read a book a week (or a total of 52 books for the year), continuously post on the completion of each book (unless its a stupid series like those damn true blood books , at which point I will post at the completion of the series), AND I will put my best foot forward to try and widen my genres and add some variety to my reading list
- For instance, can you believe I have never read a western in MY LIFE?! Good grief. and I realized that I have started several series (such as those damned true blood books and Ender's Game) and have not finished them! I even own the books! ( I went on QUITE the book shopping spree last month, though I must say it is incredibly hard to find Orson Scott Card books, besides ender's game that is).
- Also, I would like to note that last year (2014) I exceeded my goal of 52 books and read a total of 58! (that's when I get a boo-ya from the audience, than you very much). That is a grand total of 22,635 pages. And yes, I am quite proud. (for a complete list see following post)

So that is where I am at now. Not exactly starting this new year off on a great foot, but has there ever been a new year where it doesn't start out pretty shitty? I have high hopes for this year, lots of books to be read! (an overwhelming amount actually) and here is to hoping you are having a decent new year and you have a book or two on your shelf for your reading pleasure.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment